Sunday, March 9, 2014

Things Going On

I am just back from a lot of travelling and am glad to be able to update this blog before I begin doing the most hated thing I do every year, taxes. I participated in Southeastern Wildlife Expo this year in Charleston and have to say it was an amazing event. I am proud to have been included in a most exceptional group of artists and enjoyed being around the work there. It was very well organized and run by the SEWE
event staff. Everyone had a great time there. Five days after I got home, I took off again for my annual trip to the beach at St. George Island, FL. The weather was spotty at best, with some rain and some sun. Even with the rain, my friends and I were able to get a few paintings done that we were happy with. Most of the group left and I moved over to the Coombs House Inn in Apalachicola for my workshop which began on Monday March 3. My friend Mary Rose O'Connell from Boston flew in to Tallahassee, FL and I picked her up on Saturday. She had never been to the area and was impressed with the town and the landscape around it. We painted together with another friend on Sunday before the workshop group all arrived and it was beautiful. I have posted a few pictures here from the couple of weeks work. 

My AMAZING Students and Friends
Students painting

     
Dune Study

The Crane beginnings


The Crane 8x10 final

Dune Study 2



No comments:

Post a Comment