Monday, September 30, 2013

Back to 37 minute studies


Loganberry Shed

Lanier Sails
 Back home again and I am picking up where I left things with my 37 minute studies. Before I left, I did a few that I did not have time to photograph. Admittedly, one of them, Loganberry Shed is a bit longer than 37 minutes, but no longer than an hour and a few minutes. The point of this exercise is to keep things simple and I think I went farther than I needed to on it. The other one is a plein air painting I did just before I left at Lake Lanier on a very gray and windy day. It truly is a 37 minute or less painting and I like the air in the painting....for me that is what plein air is about and I learned to move quickly on this and left a lot of things out. Carried on to a larger painting, there would be many improvements that could be made, but for now, this one is what I got out of the day. I have a few in my studio if I can get them photographed that are not great, but this exercise includes the dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment