Monday, October 7, 2013

Highlands pastel workshop

37 minute demo
The Lunch Bunch
I am in Highlands, NC this week teaching a pastel workshop at The Bascom. The weather began as gray and rainy, so I planned my demo inside this morning. The day just changed drastically, became beautiful and will stay that way all week. How lucky is that for a plein air workshop? I started my students doing value studies with a limit of 3 values to warm up and see how to simplify before going outside where color is exploding. Everything is full of fall color and the need to simplify is important. They did some beautiful things with their studies. Tomorrow we will be going outside and applying the same ideas to the fall landscape. My demo today was another of my 37 minute studies with an emphasis on starting with simple values. We had lunch together outside in the most gorgeous weather ever! My students are the BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment