Sunday, January 19, 2014

Southeastern Wildlife Show getting close


Gathering Storm

No Fishing

My project since the end of 2013 has been to get paintings ready for Southeastern Wildlife Expo in Charleston. Knowing that they expect thousands to come through has been additional incentive to have a large bank of work representative of my painting style. The mix has been fun to put together, and most of what I am taking is new work. Usually when I work on a show, I paint a lot and in the process I learn a lot.
This effort has not been any different. Trying new and different things stretches my brain and skill level which is always a good thing. I am working on surfaces that I love, Classens 66 linen. My husband has been stretching the linen for me and it is a wonderful surface to paint on. I am finding more and more that the surface used is as important as important as the paint and brushes you use. I have played with abstraction and glazing which can be seen in my large square painting, "No Fishing" (42x42). A dark and moody sky presented a challenge in "Gathering Storm", another large painting at 30x40. I have just updated my website with more images that will be in Charleston. I will be there February 12 - 16 so come by. All in all, I am having a great time painting the good and the bad, ever grateful for my passion and the desire to follow it.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment